Tuesday, November 21, 2006

In Lockdown

Package
I just started a new gig.  Yah, yah, a lot of stuff has happened since voting day, I'll catch up on that another time.  For now, I'm more just posting to update you on something.  Like for example, the place I’m working is locked down tighter than the Iron Curtain used to be. 

Is the company bad?  No, they're great.  People are great, equipment is adequate (I've got to use a Windoze PeeCee - eww!), software tools are fine too.  But because of the industry, they are VERY strict on electronic access policy.  In fact, I can't even check my Gmail account (can you say withdrawal?), or IM with anyone.  Brutal man, totally brutal.  But it's a gig and it looks like it will be a good one - so I'll learn to adapt.  Like posting this way.  Of course, I'd love to be able to include a pic (something I've done quite a bit I think!) but I don't know that I can.  I think I'll put a pic in the email and see what happens… :-)

More to come!

No comments: