Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Earth is on FIRE!? Then Again, Maybe Not.

Awhile back I penned (ok, virtually penned) that the earth was heating up. Please forgive me - I made the mistake of only trusting the mainstream media feeds (and worse yet - data from the UN) I had been seeing. That is the problem I guess with trusting a group that I have found on the whole rather un-trustable.

So, here is another link for your consideration. I like this one, data - data - data.

http://www.oism.org/pproject/s33p36.htm

Don't get me wrong friends - I believe that we should take care of the earth. I think that the initiatives to get rid of a lot of the fossil fuel burning energy sources is good. Heck, if the tree huggers can create enough fear and social awareness that big corporations actually start doing something now - GOOD! Especially since they should have started doing something 30 years ago. BUT, at the end of the day, I really don't need the fear and the guilt trips to do what I should do. And neither should you, which means that the big companies shouldn't either. After all, aren't we the ones that the big companies are comprised of? If we do the right thing, then at some point other people that will do the right thing should percolate to the top as well, and they should do the right thing.

At the end of the day, it's not who's right, it's what's right. Let's all do what's right.

No comments: