Monday, April 30, 2007

Overcoming the Pain of Childhood Loss

This was a conversation I had in a chat session today...

Jane: As an animal caregiver, if Malfoy gets lonely, I can Ferret-sit also :P

Phillip: I'll keep that in mind.
though he's usually pretty good left by himself.

Jane: You've trained him well, have you? Better watch it. Heartless Bastahds (editorial note: that's "bastard" to everyone that isn't in New England) become lovable when exposed to animals. Especially injured animals :P. L8r.

Phillip: Not a CHANCE!

Jane: lol!

Phillip: Besides, I had animals as a kid.

I had a pet gerbil named Snooper. Little bastard up and died on me - I was crushed. I was waiting on the steps for my dad to come home so I could take him to the vet because he'd been really lethargic for the past day. I kept thinking - if we could have only gotten there (to the vet), he'd be OK (before he croaked)- or he would have still been alive (after the fact). I was devastated over that little rodent. Never again. Closest thing I have now is my computer mouse - that's all I need thanks!

1 comment:

CyberGal said...

Hey MacPhilly! Man, it is really hard loosing a pet as a kid. But you can fall in love with stuffed animals too :).