Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Big Media Ignores Event - Why? NSFW - Controversial

Howdy,

I try not to forward stuff that I get, but this particular item got my notice and I thought it might be serious food for thought. For those of you that know I'm a Christian, you know that I'm all for loving people and sharing the good news of the Gospel with them. I think that we need to show what we believe WAY more than talk it. However, when said people show disregard for common decency as they did at Folsom Street (you can read the descriptions) - then we need to say it's wrong. Say what you will about people being able to live their lives, etc. - but this stuff goes way beyond. And it's not just a few people that were acting as such, there were 400,000 people involved.

What I found to be more disturbing was that the mainstream media didn't cover this event. There was no news of this disorderly conduct anywhere to be found. I wonder why that is? I mean, this isn't Burning Man folks (for those of you that don't know what Burning Man is - don't worry), this isn't out in a desert, isolated from the general populace event. It took place right IN San Francisco. Why weren't the people involved - or the organizers - called to be accountable for this behavior?

Last note. You may or may not agree with the organization that sent out the notice that found me. I can't say I always agree and I actually sent them an email recently for that very reason. On this news item though, there are plenty of included references, and if you're really adventurous you can do a search and find plenty more.

Don't just take my word for it, if you dare, follow the links to find out more. OH, and this is absolutely not safe for work viewing.

Click here to read an article by Kelly Boggs, editor of the Louisiana Baptist Message.

Click here for some pretty shocking photos from the Folsom Street Fair event. WARNING! These photos are EXTREMELY graphic and are provided only for verification purposes only.

1 comment:

CyberGal said...

I made the mistake in 1976 of going to an event in SF."The Erotic, Exotic Ball" I knew it was a bit racy, but when I got there I was stunned to see a wall covered with inflated condoms, a hall full of half nude people and public drunkeness levels that were shocking.

Compared to today, it was almost tame. I am so weary of being told that "wrong" is "right" and "right" is "wrong". God is real, His laws are real and if you don't live under the Lordship and guidance of Jesus Christ, you will select an eternal smoking section.

There was an interview with a New York City coroner who stated he could always tell when a crime was committed by a homosexual (either male, or female) because of the incredible body mutilation of the victim. I dare you to do a Google search on the stats of the homosexual community. Alcoholism, drugs, violence, suicide and homicide. Sounds great, huh?