Saturday, October 20, 2007

Today, I am weary.

I am weary of fighting the fight. I'm weary of being a good will ambassador in a world that I am an alien in. I'm weary of expressing love while being reviled. I am weary of teaching my children sound principles of life, while they choose to act from their base nature. I'm weary of always extending grace, when I'd like to see some change instead. I'm weary of being misunderstood when I'm doing my best to understand and to clearly express what is deepest in my spirit. I'm weary of being the negotiator - trying to reconcile different worlds - when it seems that neither wants to be reconciled. I'm weary of trying to justify truth to those who only want "truth" that is subjugated to their opinion or whim.

It does not mean that I've quit. It doesn't mean that I've given up. it doesn't mean that tomorrow won't be different. It doesn't mean that joy, love and peace won't flood my soul to renew and revitalize me. It means that today, I'm weary.

1 comment:

CyberGal said...

I really hear what you are saying. I am totally bumed out and burned out with the gay rights agenda. It is now law that "I have two mommies (daddies)" is taught in public schools. Gays being on a par with marriage.

I truly feel like my culture has collectively (totally) lost its mind. I am sorely tempted not to even bothering to vote this year. It just feels like a bad dog and pony show to me. I really hear your weariness.

But, Truth Will Prevail and we'll both keep on keeping on.

A friend of mine in another state got all over me for not being more understanding about the rights of gays - until her 14-year-old was lead by a gay teacher to expand her consciousness. She had to read an interview where he talked about "fisting", the bar scene and how he wished he could get in on all the gay sex in the military!

She apologized to me.

I believe the song goes:

"I'm beginning to see the light"!