Friday, March 24, 2006

I Am Blessed (Yah, again)


Hmmmm. Well I guess I could be writing this post about the fact that my wife has had our 4th baby - but I'll do a separate post for that. After all, that is a major blessing!

But, this post is about the firewire drive pictured with the post. Yes, a firewire drive. You see, this firewire drive just arrived at my door step - 2nd day delivery - sent from someone that I've never met in person and how has forbidden me to say anything! Well, I won't mention their name or any revealing data, but I am still going to say THANK YOU.

Yah, this is a 250 gig, 7200 rpm firewire drive AND enclosure. I'm not sure that this is the exact one - but you can see the basic configuration here.

How did this happen? Well, I was just chatting with this person the other day, asking a question about my iPod, mentioning that I was running out of storage space. So, this person told me about a special over at OWC (http://macsales.com) and I said, yah! wow. That's nice. But... I've been out of work for a bit and now that I've got a short gig we have other things that we're focused on paying ;-) No worries. I can make due, I was just juggling some things around, burning stuff to some DVDs. No problem! We chatted for a few more minutes then I had to run to hang with my chicks.

So, next morning I get a IM saying - hey, I just sent you a little gift. I thought, cool! That's sweet! Then the person told me WHAT it was. I was blown away. And really, left without the appropriate means to say thanks. And I just thought I was getting the drive - especially since I have an enclosure (being used for my current 80 gig backup - I just figured I was swapping it out).

Today, the package comes (a day or so sooner than I expected), and there is the complete package - including the enclosure as well! Holy Moley Batman!

So, thus the post. Amongst the embarrassing richness of blessings that I already have, including a new short gig, a new very healthy baby, a healthy wife and three other healthy daughters, a roof over our heads and food in the fridge - I now have a wonderful amount of storage so I can do full backups of all my critical systems. Geesh, God is good ain't he?

And so, to the un-named person, again thank you so much. I appreciate your kindness and generosity more than I can say!

No comments: