Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me (10.10)


I'm not sure if this will be posted east or west coast time, so this might actually go up *after* my birthday. But, I wanted to post it before I went to bed.

You can see the picture above. It was one of the many things that my girls (including my wife) did for the celebration of my birthday. I can't tell you ALL the stuff they did - really, it was amazing! They made cards, made party hats (including a crown for the King of the House), they choreographed two different dance routines (one by Bayley and Chloe - the two middle girls) and one by Halle and Bayley (the two oldest), and Chloe did an impromptu song AND dance. They made presents for me, and at the end of the day, they gave me all the love a daddy could want. It was awesome seeing the different things they did, amazing seeing how much their gifts have grown. Unbeknownst to them, they had no idea that the best gift was THEM. Sure, the other stuff was neat, but nothing (other than the relationship with my wife) beats just having my kids love and honor me (and for that, I have to give my wife lots of credit too) for being dad. Of course now, it's my responsibility to make sure that I'm the best dad I can be in order to ensure that love and that honor is not misplaced.

That, ladies and gents, makes for a great birthday.

No comments: