Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Seems Like DejaVu all over again!

I think I've been here before. Like, say, seven weeks ago? Yup, the Turk cometh (for those of you that aren't football or hockey fans - the Turk is the guy that is the axe man - the guy that cuts you loose when you're trying to make the team).

So, can you guess? Indeed! As of the end of next week, no job. The group I'm in lost funding. And yes, 10 days before Christmas it's not great to find that out. Ah, but alas, it is the life of a contractor.

So, now comes the great scramble. Tough this time of year, everyone is keyed into the holidays. No real movement happens typicially till mid-January. But... we'll see.

As it turns out, I was on a fast when I found out. Now I know part of why God had me fasting. But, I feel God has this one in control (doesn't he always?) because I felt prompted to end the fast at dinner today. I really had a strong impression that God was saying that I should celebrate the end of the fast. That, in case you've never been on a fast - or felt that particular impression from the Lord - is a good thing. It was an end to the fasting and a start of rejoycing. I'm all for rejoycing.

Now, the only thing I need to do is make sure that I continue where God is leading me so I don't miss what he has in store next!

No comments: