Saturday, October 29, 2005

I don't care how romantic they say it is... snow SUCKS

Yes. October 29. Snow is here in charming New England. Fourty miles from the historic North Church where the term Patriot first came into vogue. Fifteen to twenty miles from the Razor (Gillette Stadium) where the Patriots brought it back into vogue. And we have snow. Cold, wet, damp. Sticky, slushy. Icky. Snow. Yuk.

And this is just the first of many I'm sure. Of course tomorrow and Monday the temperature is supposed to go up into the 60's. And that's all well and good. But today - snow. The first ominous portent of the coming winter, what we now have to look forward to until well into April. Cold. Wet. Snow. Blech.

Sure. Someone out there is singing some Christmas carols some where. Sleigh Ride, Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire, whatever. Me? How about some Beach Boys! Surfin' Safari, 409, In My Room. You name it, I'll take it. Just not snow! Not now! Not this early! PLEASE! Auugh.

Yes, yes. I know I live in Massachusetts. I know we get snow. Yes, I grew up in New England (about an hour south in Rhode Island) and I know we get snow in these here parts. I DON'T CARE. I don't want snow now! Can I move to Boca? Please? Sigh.

Well. Time to look for the heavy comforter, it's supposed to be around freezing tonight. Lovely. Snow. Yuk.

I'll post pictures when I can. :) Till then stay warm, OK? Hopefully where you are it isn't snowing!

No comments: