Friday, October 21, 2005

I know I've officially turned 45

I just woke up a few minutes ago from a odd and funny dream - but I now know I'm 45 for sure. How?

Well, in the dream (which of course was way to complex to attempt to explain) there were several things that tipped it off.

1. The cartoon character chickens were middle aged (Really - I can't begin to explain that).
2. I was leasing property to someone.
3. I told someone (OK - it was Drew Carey) that "their wife didn't like white wine" - and their wife was someone I used to date (I've known my wife for 14 years).
4. I was thinking of importing some of a local girls art for a gallery and resale.
5. I was driving my 1982 Suburu hatch back in the snow and testing it because my wife said it wasn't working correctly - only to realize that the complaint was because it didn't have anti-lock brakes, so she thought it was defective. (Note: My wife is 10 1/2 years younger than I am, but she has had cars without anti-lock brakes outside of dream world).

AND

6. The most telling reason: All of the male dream characters (including the chickens), regardless of being cartoon characters or live action - had receding hair lines.

Yup. I'm officially 45.

No comments: