Friday, November 04, 2005

Starbucks III - Revenge of the Latte

It has finally happened. And yes, revenge is sweet. OK, well maybe not real sweet... I only get two pumps in my latte. What am I talking about?

Well, for years I've been getting my chops busted because I'm high maintenance. More or less rightfully so. And this tendency generally extends to when I'm ordering almost anything. I figure that I'm paying for it so I might as well get what I want. And so, when I go to Starbucks I do not have a standard, cookie cutter order. In fact, my order is usually a grande, non-fat, half-caf, 2 pump (of whatever flavor) latte - no whipped cream. Unless of course I'm getting a nice chai tea or soy latte anyway.

Well ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages - today it finally happened. There was an older gentleman that walked into the Starbucks where my wife and I were killing time and ordered what has to be the most complex order I've heard to date. Ready? It was a Venti, quad, 180 degree, 90% full, 1 1/2 pump latte. As Stacy on What Not to Wear would say "SHUT UP!"

So there it is folks - revenge of the latte. Put that in your cup with it's trendy cardboard sleeve and drink it!

No comments: